When you enter Taiwan with a Resident Visa or Work Visa, you must apply for an Alien Resident Card (ARC) at your nearest local office of Ministry of Interior National Immigration Agency within 15 days of your arrival.


A completed application form.

application form

A passport with a Resident Visa.
One 2’’ x 2’’ colored photo,
front head and shoulder,
taken within six months.
(1) One-year term: NT$1,000.
(2) Two-year term: NT$2,000.
(3) Three-year term: NT$3,000.
(4) Overseas Chinese students: NT$500.

Processing time
10 workdays

More information
Ministry of the Interior National Immigration Agency

Contact Information
Taitung County Service Center
Office Hours: Monday ~ Friday 08:00-17:00
No.59, Changsha St., Taitung County, Taiwan (R.O.C.)