Are you preparing to come visit Taitung? Here are a few helpful tips and things to watch out for so you will be prepared for your upcoming trip!
What documents do I need to bring with me?
- Visa application form
- Two 2-inch colored head-shot photos
- Original and photocopy of passport
- Proof of financial resources
- Itinerary in Taiwan
- Copies of your round-trip tickets
Please note the following instructions
- Please fill in the Online Application Form on the website, and then print out the bar-coded visa application form and sign it in person for confirmation.
- Please provide two 2-inch colored head-shot photos within 6 months. The background should be white.
- Your passport needs to be valid for at least 6 months. Bring your original passport with a photocopy. Make sure it has blank pages.
- Submit documents showing proof of adequate finances, such as bank deposit certificates.
- Your Trip Itinerary (as a proof intention for visiting Taiwan is for tourism).
- Submit a round-trip flight/ferry ticket, or a valid flight/ferry ticket from another destination with a valid visa, or an e-ticket or proof of purchase from a travel agency. The flight/ferry ticket should be booked with the departure date of the flight/ship clearly visible.
- Depending on the situation of each individual case, extra documents could be requested.
- Taiwan Entry Health Declaration Form
Scope of the use
- Applicable to travelers who plan to stay in Taiwan for less than 6 months duration!
- No additional permission is required or all activities such as sightseeing, family visits, business, interviews, exhibitions, survey, international exchanges, etc.
- If you want to engage in activities that require permission under the laws of other agencies in Taiwan, you are required to obtain permission by law.
- To engage in religious activities, you must go through a qualification review process. You must apply for a proper special visa to Taiwan in advance from the office of the Republic of China in your country of origin.
How long can I stay?
- Visa Validity Period
(1)The validity period of the visa depends on the reciprocal agreement signed between your country and Taiwan
(2)People from other countries where the reciprocal agreement does not apply, the general visa is valid for 3 months up to 1 year
- Duration of stay
14 days / 30 days / 60 days / 90 days
How much is the visa fee?
- If your country has signed a reciprocal agreement with Taiwan and has exempted Taiwanese visa fees, your entry to Taiwan is free of charge
- *Note: Please pay using the New Taiwan Dollar (NTD) in Taiwan. When overseas, payments are based on the currency announced by the embassy in foreign countries.
(1)List of Visa-Free Countries
(2)Please refer to Foreign Passport Fees Table
Go Taitung! Steps for Entering Taiwan
- Step 1: First check if your passport is valid for more than 6 months
- Step 2: After confirming the itinerary for traveling to Taiwan, log in to the Bureau of Consular Affairs (MOFA) of the Republic of China, and fill out the online eVisa Application form to complete the procedure
- Step 3: Print the eVisa and sign to confirm
- Step 4: Prepare 2 recent photos within 6 months and a photocopy of your bank account showing your information and balance
- Step 5: Go through immigration at the airport or seaport.
- Step 6: Pay relevant documents to the airport and port customs inspection unit
- Travelers should pay attention to the validity period of the visa to avoid being penalized for overstaying.
- For foreign travelers holding a visa, if they need to overstay, please apply to the National Immigration Agency Ministry of the Interior at least 15 days before the expiration date.
- If a foreigner holding a residence permit applies for an extension due to dependents, he or she must apply to the National Immigration Agency Ministry of the Interior at least 30 days before the expiry date.
For details, please refer to: Bureau of Consular Affairs, MOFA