2021 Chishang Autumn Harvest Festival
Light and cool breezes caress the full ears of rice, it’s the perfect time for harvest again. Since 2009, the golden rice paddies have become the center of the spotlight, visitors from all around come to witness the magnificent nature. People gather together to show the appreciations of the heavens and earth as well as enjoy the resounding sounds of the mountains and valleys, and watch the dance of natures breathe. As the pandemic is more and more under control this year, the Fine Arts Association of Chishang township will co-host the Chishang Autumn Harvest Festival with Lovely Taiwan Foundation. They’ve invited Cloud Gate Dance Theater and singer 9m88 to be the headliners at the festival where they will perform “Thirteen Tongues”. (Banner image: [email protected])
“Thirteen Tongues” is the representing piece of Cloud Gate’s Artistic Director, Cheng Tsung-lung. This piece draws inspiration from the legendary figures of the Monga streets in Taiwan in the 60s, the “Thirteen Tongues”. It incorporates classic songs, spells, screaming bodies, and other sounds to bring the audience back to the scenes of stories told by your parents and grandparents. “Thirteen Tongues” premiered in 2016 at the National Theater and Concert Hall and have since been performed at Sadler’s Wells Theatre in London, Théâtre National de la Danse Chaillot in Paris, Dansens Hus in Stockholm, National Centre for the Performing Arts in Beijing, and other major international performance halls. The collaboration with singer 9m88 will bring a unique “Thirteen Tongues” to Chishang. The combination between refined body language and voice is something to look forward to.
This fall, invite your friends and family to enjoy this visual and audio feast in the mountains, valleys and dancing rice paddies.
Date: October 30th (Saturday), October 31st (Sunday)
Location: Rice Paddy area, Paradise Rd, Chishang Township, Taitung County (Wanshin Road)
Ticket price: 800╱1,200╱1,500╱2,000 NTD
Phone Number: 0966-612-108
Purchase Tickets: https://www.opentix.life/
- The audience must follow the COVID guidance from the government. Those who do not cooperate will be banned from entering or participating in the event.
- The show is approximately 90 minutes long without an intermission.
- This is not a parent-child event. Children under age of 3 will not be allowed admission. One ticket per person with assigned seating.
- No pets are allowed (exempting guide dogs).
- Film or photo photography, audio or visual recording (including drones) are prohibited by all parties besides the organizer.
- Food and drink are prohibited (besides necessary water hydration). Please wear your masks at all times.